Each year, Toronto United Church Council provides a limited number of grants from its Restricted Funds to various communities of faith and social agencies for social ministry and reconciliation programs.
There is no formal grant application process in place but letters of application must conform with TUCC’s Grant Policy.
Initial enquiries regarding support for your project should be made to the TUCC Executive Director.
Recent grants have supported:
- St John’s United Church Flesherton & Eugenia United Church amalgamation process
- East End Regional United Church (Toronto), kitchen renovation
- Mount Dennis Neighbourhood Centre (Toronto), food program training
- Gibimishkaadimin project, reconciliation initiative
- Lansing United Church (Toronto), food pantry infrastructure
- Birchcliff Bluffs United Church (Toronto) kitchen renovation
- Francophone Ministry of Toronto social ministry network development
- Gumboot Productions ‘Finding Peter Bryce’ production costs
Toronto Southeast Presbytery Major Capital Fund
Communities of faith associated with the former Toronto Southeast Presbytery on September 19th, 2017 may be eligible for grant funding to enable them to engage in urgent capital work when regular loan arrangements are not affordable. Grant funding may also be available for the staffing and start-up costs of new ministry initiatives.
The Vincent Alfano Fund
The Vincent Alfano Fund provides opportunities for emerging church leaders to gain practical experience in helping communities of faith reach out to diverse communities and, in turn, learn fresh ways to respond to them with God’s love. The focus on community engagement outside congregational membership, will enliven and renew our church with the ideas, spiritual strength and commitment to serve the emerging constituencies of our ever changing society.
Applications to this fund should be made by communities of faith who would like to work with student ministers to develop projects along these lines.
For more information and initial conversation contact Ron Ewart, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-771-5124.