EFFECTIVE MISSION PLANNING
Is your community of faith looking for inspiration, focus and direction? Are you ready to admit that the ministries that once led to energy and growth are no longer working? Do you want to reconnect with people in your neighbourhood or community you long to know and serve? You are not alone.
Our consultants are committed to helping communities of faith and ministries see where God is calling them next — and create implementable plans to get there.
We offer highly participatory and consultative processes that include:
- Learning about the changing context for ministry: the demographics of our neighbourhood and the social, attitudinal, and cultural changes that effect the church.
- Exploring the congregation’s identity: its values, strengths and challenges, hopes and concerns.
- Making space for listening carefully and prayerfully and intuiting the movement of the Spirit in and among us.
- Identifying where the congregation can stretch itself in mission – reaching out from its strengths towards something new that will connect with people not currently being attracted to church.
- Focusing on practical implementable steps to move from plan to action.
Each mission planning process is custom-made to best fit the congregation. They can take from a day to a few months depending on the scope and depth of the process. The result is a new sense of purpose and life and new relationships within the church and with your neighbours.
Comments from our partners:
“The focus was always completely on us. We were treated as creative individuals with much to offer the church while our consultant held the pieces together in a complex and dynamic process.”
“We have truly valued your insights, good humour and calm demeanour. You have an exceptional gift in being able to move us to being very thoughtful as well as pushing back on us to probe further, rethink, etc. — so gently that we don’t even know it’s happening.”