Offering church development expertise and resources
There are immediate and critical challenges facing congregations today:
- a questioning of identity and erosion of confidence;
- a need to adapt and respond to a significantly changing social context;
- creating community from diverse groups of people defined by generation, status, values and culture;
- responding to external demographic growth and managing internal growth in the congregation;
- redeveloping facilities and realigning resources for changing ministry;
- finding renewed hope, energy and purpose for ministry in the midst of decline;
- encouraging innovation and sustaining it.
Toronto United Church Council is committed to supporting congregations enabling them to be real, relevant, and reachable. Through its Centre for Church Development and Leadership, Council provides training, networking, and fee-for-service on-site facilitation to congregations, mission units and Presbyteries in the following areas:
- new member ministry
- leadership training
- strategic planning and visioning
- mission design
- major transitions
- stewardship development
- program and capital budgeting
- planning and conducting financial appeals
- property management.
Council includes a research component in all of its training, networking and facilitation, including:
monitoring census data, demographic trends, and municipal land-use plans
identifying capital and program funding sources
interpreting architectural guidelines, funding policies, and government regulations.
For more information on this work, contact Ron Ewart at email@example.com or at 905-771-5124, ext. 29.